Invoice Processing & Payment Services
Energy Invoice Processing & Payment Services
Many companies do not have the resources within their accounts payable departments to adequately process and pay their utility invoices. Most accounts payable departments will simply process and pay a utility invoice just like any other vendor invoice without capturing usage and other critical data. In addition, there is a lack of knowledge of rate structures and access to systems that contain utility specific information within the accounts payable group.
Data needed to quickly act on procurement opportunities brought about by deregulation is simply not available. The result is erroneous or improper rates and other charges that go undetected, lost procurement opportunities and avoidable late fees that are often buried within the utility bills and not tracked.
Cost Control Associate’s Energy Invoice Processing and Payment Services include the following:
• Management of building location and utility account data
• Incoming mail handling
• Scanning of invoices to create electronic images
• Handling termination or late notices on an expedited basis
• Entering utility invoice data including capturing expense and usage data
• Performing a pre-payment audit (stage one audit)
• Creating and transmitting general ledger files
• Creating and transmitting monthly expense accrual files
• Performing missing invoice research & resolution
• Producing and delivering quarterly invoice images on CD’s for archival purposes.
Fees are quoted on a specific client basis and typically consist of an initial setup fee plus a monthly processing fee based on the number of number of accounts or meters for which invoices are processed. Many clients choose to couple Energy Invoice Processing and Payment Services with our Post-Payment Audit Services and On-Going Rate and Tariff Analysis Services to ensure that rates continue to be optimized and new errors in utility bills are quickly discovered and corrected.
With our solution, you’ll get the experience, stability, and cost-effectiveness of the nation’s largest outsourced provider plus you’ll get one of the top expert energy services firms. It’s the best of both worlds – unquestioned best of best-in-class experience delivered with a single point of contact.
If you would like to learn more about our services and how we can save money for your organization, please contact us.
Other Energy Services: